August 4-17, 2012
I was very excited to return to SE Asia, and KL definitely lived up to my anticipation. A unique amalgamation of cultures – Malay, Indian, Chinese, Thai – made for wonderful food options and fun shopping. I especially enjoyed the Indian food and fried noodles. The group enjoyed Chinatown (Petaling Jaya), a few trips to the Petronas Twin Towers and I loved the monkeys at the Batu Caves.
1. Dayabumi Complex designed in modern Islamic styles – contains the National Post Office
2. Central Market – great handmade Malaysian gifts
3. Fish Spa inside Central Market! amazing!
4. Petaling Street – Chinatown KL
5. Petaling Jaya
6. such good food in KL – lots of Indian, Thai, and Chinese influence, some Singaporean fried noodles here!
7. Petronas Twin Towers
8. one of my favorite quote as seen outside Whisk coffee in KL
9. We were in KL during the holy month of Ramadan – it was interesting to observe the fasting rituals both in the office and at Starbucks!
10. Amazing food in Little India… and lots of looks from the locals!
Near Masjid Jamek area
11. Batu Caves with some of the team
12. Thirsty monkey at Batu caves
14. Hungry baby monkey!
15. Petronas Twin Towers!